28 June 2010

An evening rant.

I don’t necessarily want to knock on Chipotle here—Here’s my disclaimer: I think they do have good principles; sustainably sourced food is always a plus for a chain restaurant.

However, the new ads that are all over the metro just piss me off. My least favorite says the following: “We wanted to have farmers in our ads, but big burritos sell better than lessons on sustainable farming.”

Wait a minute! Why can’t lessons on sustainable farming sell? Is our society than shallow that we will only pay attention to a mouth-watering burrito over the future of our planet?

Okay, yes, its marketing tactics, and I suppose they work on some level. I get it, they are a sustainable company and burritos are yummy… but it bothers me still, the message is all-wrong.

Yes, this rant is a little, well there’s not much to it, except the fact that the ad annoys me so much on my way to work everyday. And, hey, what do I have this blog for anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment